Sunday, June 26, 2005

Qutub Shahi Tombs


water buffalo
Originally uploaded by Maleaji.
I'd never been to the tombs near Golconda fort in Hyderabad-- I'd seen them from a distance, but I wasn't really that interested, but I went yesterday morning, and they were fantastic. I didn't realize how big they were, and this is one of the few pictures I took that give a sene of the scale of them. It's really peaceful there, which made me realize that after a month here, quiet kind of makes me nervous. However, while I was inside one of the tombs I heard the familiar and intensely irritating sound of someone just outside GOING THROUGH ALL THE RINGTONES ON THEIR CELL PHONE. But in all, it was really beautiful. I took lots of pictures, but got lazy about labelling them, so sorry if it's not that informative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home