Sunday, June 26, 2005

Yesterday


More Golconda
Originally uploaded by Maleaji.
While I was at the tombs, I noticed another foreigner, and since he had a guide with him, I went up and said hello and asked some questions. It turned out that he was from Charlotte, NC, and was in town on business. He was in town for business, and had a car and driver for sightseeing that day, so he invited me along. In this way, I ended up seeing not just the tombs, but Golconda fort, the Salar Jung museum, Lad Bazaar, and the Chowmahalla Palace, as well as a Biryani at the Shadab, my favorite restaurant in the old city. Towards the end of the day, he said he had thought I was Indian, and wondered how an Indian woman got a Nalgene bottle, and had thought my English was really good.

A nice, unexpected kind of day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, Nalgene bottles. I see that you've turned to the dark side, too.

Hmmm, nice of him to pick up strange, pretty, "Indian" women.

12:40 AM

 
Blogger Malea said...

eh, I introduced myself as an American UNC student pretty quickly, and I approached him, American English-starved as I am. I did realize that it sounded kinded of weird when I was repeating the story, particularly to my mom.

9:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home