Sunday, July 03, 2005

In Tirupati

I’m at a business center in my hotel here in Tirupati. This is my first real business trip, really, and it’s nice. However, the internet connection is very slow and I can’t upload my pictures from the weekend.

I met up with someone from my program for the weekend in Chennai, which was really really fun. I didn’t know how it would turn out, because although we knew we liked each other, we’d never really had much interaction. It was also nice to find someone who also had a horrible, soul crushing year. We saw a temple, went sari shopping, and drank filter coffee. We also saw a salsa band made up of Columbians and Brazilians at the tapas bar we went to. I kissed a Polish man on the cheek, because it was his birthday, and because Indian beers are very large and the waiters fill your glass when you aren’t looking.

For Luke—I bought two Madurai saris, one with elephants and one with butterflies. I am going to wear the elephant one for my training tomorrow. Pictures when I get back to Hyderabad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/articles/2005/07/03/indias_secret_aids_anguish/

7:54 PM

 
Blogger Malea said...

It's not working :(

5:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home