Thursday, July 28, 2005

Um,


Gun Park
Originally uploaded by Maleaji.
I've walked past this little park probably a hundred times without noticing the name. It has some very cool old cannons, but seriously, the worst name for a park I've ever seen. I would also like to mention that it's near a big billboard with a picture of people holding hands that says "WE RESOLVE TO FOLLOW TRAFFIC." There are lots of sort of ineffectual signs by the roads here, my favorites being "traffic police: we lead you safe," "wear helmet, care life," and "speed thrills but kills." However, I find this billboard unsettling, first because people are resolved, not "there will be actual repercussions if you don't follow traffic rules," and that they're called "rules," not "laws." In my head there's a big distinction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home