Thursday, July 21, 2005

Not much to say...


new sari
Originally uploaded by Maleaji.
One of my classmates who had been in the peace corps gave me some really good advice once—when you move somewhere, take all your pictures the first week. The first time I came to Hyderabad, I was a little wary of looking more like a tourist than I already did, and therefore waited to take pictures of the city until the end, and didn’t end up with as many as I would’ve liked. This time around, I took tons in the beginning (I've taken more photos now then I did the whole nine months I was here beofre) and now… not so much. So sorry I haven’t been updating very frequently. Anyway,this is me in my new sari. It's too blurry to see, but it has little batik butterlies on the border. Very cute. Tonight I'm having dinner with my old Telugu teacher's family! I'm really excited. Her mom made some of the best food I've ever had.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute!!!

12:09 AM

 
Blogger Malea said...

thanks! I'm thinking I could make a nice dress out of it some day... as soon as I finish grad school I'm learning how to sew.

10:23 AM

 
Blogger Luke said...

you look great! I always loved how you look in a sari!

12:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home